AWS DEV OPS ENGINEER
As a Systems Engineer on the AWS Infrastructure Team, your core mission will be designing, developing, implementing, testing, and maintaining automations to serve our customer offerings. You should love sleuthing and building performance applications, as you are maintaining and scaling them. You’ll be working with the latest technologies, and solving the problems of tomorrow.
Role and Responsibilities:
• Lead the design and implementation of Secure Cloud applications and features.
• Proactively participate in every aspect of the entire software development lifecycle of feature development, including input on specifications, designs, implementation, test design, test implementation, optimization, and delivery.
• Research the latest in Amazon and Automation technologies, ensuring best practices are continuously brought into the company for continuous improvement.
• Participate in peer code reviews, knowledge sharing, and SCRUM meetings.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or similar Engineering program; Master’s degree is preferred.
• 2-5 years of Systems Engineering experience with a strong emphasis on AWS & Automation
• Must have strong Linux administration experience
• Command of modern build tools, version control systems and automated testing technologies like Maven or Gradle, Git, Jenkins.
• Ability to communicate with both technical and non-technical customers.
• Willingness to learn new technologies, paradigms, and frameworks
• Expert in Linux and Windows Server Administration
• Expert support, maintenance, and troubleshooting knowledge of Linux and Windows Server operating system
• Experience with any configuration management tool (Puppet,Chef,ansible)
• Experience with MicroServices like Docker will be a plus
• Experience with Jenkins/Github is a plus
• Experience with API’s
• Extensive experience with AWS services (EC2, S3, IAM, EBS) and administering admin console
• Excellent Scripting ability a plus (bash, powershell, python)
• Should have excellent troubleshooting skills
• Mentor a team of systems engineers and help them to troubleshoot wide variety of systems-related issues
• Any Knowledge of Client facing webservers (Apache, Tomcat etc) is a plus
Northwood Global Solutions is a Small Business that employs professionals who have dedicated their professional lives to supporting Federal Agencies and/or DoD
Northwood Global Solutions, LLC.
11180 Sunrise Valley Dr., Suite 220
Reston, VA 20191
Phone: (703) 682-4575
Copyright Northwood Global Solutions, LLC. All rights reserved.